Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Skate is a Fish

Have you ever had skate fish? I had it for the first time tonight and it was delicious. Chris made skate with lemon, parsley, yellow pepper and walnuts and it was really tasty. I wonder if it's related to a stingray or something. The way the meat flakes off is interesting. Not like other fish at all.


wheresmymind said...

Skate always sounds scary to moi

Yvo said...

I've seen it and it's a bit expensive (think it's close to $20 or more a lb. on Fresh Direct) so I haven't gotten to it (also, BF doesn't eat fish in general, so not going to waste that). I've heard it called skate wing so a long time I thought it was bird but if you look at it, it looks like a wing, with the feathering of the meat. Interesting. And you have a citrus reamer! I was at C&B this weekend looking at kitchen gadgets, heh. Mm, great pictures (also loving the pies)!